The Indiana National Guard’s Indiana Employment Team works to assist service members, veterans and their dependents with all phases of a job search. If you are currently unemployed, underemployed or looking for a new career, the Indiana Employment Team is here to help you begin the process of finding meaningful employment.
What We Do
We work directly with job seekers to:
- Identify your skills and interests
- Create your resume
- Research job opportunities
- Utilize your network
- Prepare for interviews
We also follow up with job seekers and employers. Our meetings with employers help us develop positive long-term relationships that benefit job seekers. These interactions also help us identify skill sets that employers are looking for, so that we can better identify applicants to match an employer’s needs.
The Indiana Employment Team has working relationships with approximately 20 major companies across the state, from Merrillville, Elkhart, Warsaw and Fort Wayne to Indianapolis, Carmel and Columbus to Brazil, Princeton and Evansville.
Our cooperative relationship with the Indiana Department of Veterans Affairs (IDVA) allows us to share job leads and to ensure that all veterans who contact us regarding their state benefits are promptly and effectively served.
State Veterans Benefits
For information on your Indiana state benefits, please contact:
- Peace-time veterans may be able to utilize the disabled Veteran Property Tax Deduction.
- Indiana Purple Heart Recipients and their biological or adopted children may qualify for tuition and fee exemption at Indiana‘s state-sponsored schools.
- Veterans with a service-connected disability rating may receive a reduced cost Disabled Veteran Hunting & Fishing License ($2.75 annually or $27.50/ten-year).
Veterans with qualifying service-connected disabilities impairing mobility may qualify for a Disabled Hoosier Veteran License Plate, which allows parking in handicapped spaces and free parking in legal metered spaces.
- The Indiana Department of Veterans Affairs provides Women Veteran Coordinators who are able to assist women veterans with gender-specific concerns, benefits and opportunities. Learn more at https://www.in.gov/dva/2374.htm.
Federal Veterans Benefits
- VA Benefits: 800-827-1000
- Veterans Crisis Line: 800-273-8255
- Women Veterans: 800-829-6636
- Education: 888-442-4551
- Homeless Veterans: 877-424-3838
- Bereavement Counseling: 202-461-6530
- VA Combat Crisis Line: 877-927-8387
- VA Vet Centers: www.vetcenter.va.gov
- Mental Health: www.mentalhealth.va.gov
- Education Benefits: www.benefits.va.gov/bill
Contact and Location
The Indiana Employment Outreach Headquarters is located at Camp Atterbury within the Indiana Resilience Campus (IRC). Email us at email@example.com or call a team member at the office numbers below:
Edinburgh, IN 46124
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Indiana Employment Team
Atterbury: 317-247-3300, Ext. 64334/64342
Division: 317-247-3300, Ext. 75243