· http://www.in.ng.mil is provided as a public service by the Office of Public Affairs, Joint Forces Headquarters - Indiana Information Management, Indiana Army National Guard.
· Information presented on http://www.in.ng.mil is considered public information and may be distributed or copied unless otherwise specified. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
· For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. This government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
· For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
· Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction.
· Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
· The purpose of analytics installed on this and subsequent pages and sites of http://www.in.ng.mil is to measure traffic and bandwidth as well as educate departments of how users find content and what is most relevant and to increase efficiency in obtaining information in a safe and quick way.
· This information collected is time, date, city, how long a visitor stayed on the page and the corresponding action when it was left for another page or site. This information is collected in a Tier 2 approach. The purpose of the collected information is to determine how to best serve our customers with regards to implementing a new website.
· The information may be disclosed to management level staff, Website administrators, Public Affairs Office, Communications Directors and their staff. This information is controlled access and may be only access through the webmasters.
· This technology was added as an upgrade and not native to this website. You may opt out by looking to see if your browser has a "private browsing mode". If it does not, you may be able to access the website using another browser that has a "private browsing mode." If another browser is not an option, you may use a public computer such as an internet cafe or city or state funded library to access this web site which will still grant access to the same information without the session statistics being logged with Google Analytics.
Page Updated 27 June 2013