Essential task list
- Support Commanders and the Chain of Command to ensure they are effective, efficient, and economical as possible, to improve operations, morale and and readiness of the command.
- Provide assistance for Soldiers, family members, DA Civilians, and retirees.
- Conduct inspections to measure compliance, identify systemic issues and correct deficiencies.
- Conduct investigations that meet the standards of thoroughness and fairness.
- Teach and train at all levels.
Before you contact your Inspector General
If you need to file a complaint
After having followed the steps above, if you feel you need to file a complaint with the IG's office, complete form 1559, scan and email to one of the addresses below.
Blank DA Form 1559
Joint Force Headquarters Inspector General:
Phone: 317-247-3215/3111 or 1-800-237-2850 x 3215/3111
Camp Atterbury Inspector General:
Phone: 812-526-1338/1484 or 1-800-237-2850 x1338/1484
Last updated April 8, 2013