Strong Bonds is a chaplain-led program for commanders which buildsrelationship resiliency. The Strong Bonds mission is to increase Soldier and Family readiness through relationship education and skills training.
Four Strong Bonds programs applied to the Army Force Generation cycle help Single-Soldiers, Couples and Families to thrive in the turbulence of the military environment.
Attendees voluntarily participate in a Strong Bonds offsite retreat format designed to maximize relationship training impact. The retreat or “get away” provides an emotionally safe and secure training environment in which to address the effect of military lifestyle stressors.
Healthy relationships contribute to the maintenance of a healthy Army and a secure future force. With increasing demands placed on Soldiers and Families, to include both frequent deployments and duty relocations, intimate relationships are fully tested.
Research shows that training in communication skills, intimacy, and conflict management increases marital satisfaction and reduces rates of Family violence.
Building Army Family resiliency is part of a strategic approach to cope with the high operational demand placed on today’s Army.
Office of the Chaplain
317-247-3300 x 4951
CLICK HERE TO FIND A STRONG BONDS EVENT!
Strong Bonds has four (4) program components: Single Soldiers, Married Couples, Families and Phases of Deployment.
(1) Strong Bonds for Singles. Focuses on skills for building a great relationship, managing expectations, making healthy choices, coping, resiliency, and finding the right partner.
(2) Strong Bonds for Married Couples. Strengthens the marital bond, giving couples the tools and information they need for better communication and relationship building.
(3) Strong Bonds – Families. Teaches effective communication and listening skills to parents and children; builds parental skills to help care for and manage children. Note. Children are active participants for all Strong Bonds – Families Retreats.
(4) Strong Bonds – Families of Deployed. Provides the tools to enable Families to not just survive, but thrive in the midst of their Soldier’s deployment. Note. Children are active participants for all Strong Bonds – Families of Deployed Training events.
(5) Strong Bonds – PreDeployment. Module(s) identifying unique challenges single Soldiers, married couples, and Army Families will face and planning how they will manage their relationships through the stress of pre-deployment.
(6) Strong-Bonds – Reintegration. Provides tools to assist Soldiers and their Families with issues pertaining to the transition from the battlefield to the home front, as Family members adjust to disrupted routines and challenges of reconnection.
Last updated May 1, 2013